Charlotte Tenant ScreeningCall Now: 704-927-5477
The Application Process:
- Tenant enters employment information, proof of identity, bank account information and previous rental history through our application process.
- Using prospect information and social security number a credit report is generated and reviewed.
- Property Manager looks for annual income that is ideally in excess of 3 times the rental rate
- Rental History is considered and verified if applicable
- A local criminal search is performed.
- Certified/guaranteed funds are required to hold property in the amount of first month’s rent.
- The property manager will conference with each property owner to discuss the merits or considerations of each applicant.
- A lease will be executed only with owner approval and signed acceptance.
- Tenants may have no more than 2 late payments during the last 12 months.
- Rent cannot exceed 33% of tenant’s gross monthly income (before taxes).
- Rent plus all revolving debt cannot exceed 50% of tenant’s gross monthly income.
- Tenant may not have unpaid repossessions or collections within the last 2 years, for a combined total amount over $1,000.00
- Tenant may not have more than 4 late payments within the last year on credit cards or other loans. An exception will be made for student loans and medical charges/collections.
- Tenant may not have debt owed to any landlord, management company, apartment community, etc. (With the exception of Foreclosures within the last 12 months.)
- Tenants in bankruptcy, may not have any late payments or collections for two years starting from the bankruptcy file date.
- Tenant may not have been evicted within the last 7 years.
- Tenant may not have any felony convictions within the last 10 years.
- Tenant may not have more than 1 arrest within the last 7 years.
- Tenant may not have had any arrests or convictions for sexual related offences or domestic abuse.
For additional information on our Charlotte Tenant Screening and Application process, please feel free to contact us.